Re: [Freeipmi-devel] spec file problem

From: John Goebel
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] spec file problem
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:16:46 -0800

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:29:18 -0800, Albert Chu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> I see what's causing the problem.  Thanks for the catch.

Afternoon Al,

One more thing, the file /usr/share/man/man1/sensors.1.gz clashes with
lm_sensor package (fish is the offending package). We install
lm_sensors by default in Scientific Linux, so one steps on the other.

I love the rpm packaging; lm_sensor is interdependent with kdebase ;)

Do you want to put a 'conflicts' statement in your spec, rename the
file in your package, or take whatever is behind door number three? I
can change the comps.xml file in Anaconda to deal with it, but others
might have the same problem and it's a bit of a hassle.

Thanks,
John