Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Broken link in docs

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Broken link in docs
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 18:02:39 -0800

,----[ John Goebel <address@hidden> ]
| Hey,
|
| I'm trying to get PDFs from the docs page and the linka are dead.
| Thought you might want a heads-up.
`----
Thanks for reporting John, I fixed those links now.

,----[ John Goebel <address@hidden> ]
| Two quick comments. The 'User' docs are pretty cryptic, especially
| (so far) on the bmc.conf stuff. I've played with IPMI for awhile
| now, so it's not too difficult to figure out the features described,
| but I can see new people could be frustrated.
|
| I'm documenting what I am doing for our site, and I'll send it over
| to the Anand to see if he can use it for a 'getting started' sort of
| instruction. My {m,st}umblings might of interest to someone, I hope.
`----
We all feel the same too. Current bmc-config interface is very verbose
and for advanced users only.  In the next 0.2.0 release bmc-config
will have --auto-configure option, default (easy options only) and
--expert mode (which will be the current advanced interface).

It will be a big help if you contribute your "Getting Started"
documentation for GNU FreeIPMI.

,----[ John Goebel <address@hidden> ]
| The other commend is that I've lost time implementing freeipmi on
| our systems because I've been having much fun with
| Guile/Scheme. It's a blast. I'm thinking of using it for other
| projects now - thanks , very cool.
`----
We are exited to hear this feedback. We were always nervous about how
the SysAdmin community will receive us having Scheme code in a systems
project. I use GNU Guile as a RAD (Rapid Application Development)
tool. It greatly simplifies the application development. You get the
power of C and Scheme combined. You should also look at my other
project Freehoo (http://www.nongnu.org/freehoo/) which uses GNU Guile.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>