[Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] Remote access - Help wanted

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] Remote access - Help wanted
Date: 09 Jan 2005 23:47:00 -0800

ab> ACPI driver is complete. But we do not have any system to test. If
ab> any of you have a system where GNU FreeIPMI is not working, this new
ab> userspace ACPI driver might probe your BMC successfully. I think HP
ab> systems uses ACPI instead of SMBIOS.

Do HP systems actually provide IPMI?  I was under the impression they
used their proprietary ILO and RILOE interfaces.  Are those going away?

--
I wonder which is the best virus for unix and if I can write
a better one in Microsoft BASIC ?