Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi 2.0 branch

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi 2.0 branch
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:04:44 -0800

> I am thinking if you should start IPMI-2.0 work in the current branch
> itself. We can always say 2.0 support as experimental. Otherwise you
> will still have to go thru the pain of merging at some point.

I think I'll keep it in a branch.  I guess it's development philosophy
differences.  I'm not a big fan of dumping very new untested
experimental code into a soon to be new release.  Remember, I release
this code into our production environment :-)

> I should have made a test release 2 weeks ago. But Bala got struck
> with the new LAN stack as he is developing on a remote system. It has
> a bug. It seems to lock the BMC for auth-types other than
> AUTH_TYPE_NONE and the system needs physical power-cycle (removing the
> power chord). Can you continue his work and see what went wrong in the
> new code.

Are you referring to the unified driver stuff?  I can take a look.  Just
point me in the direction of what new API calls/options/whatever aren't
working.