[Freeipmi-devel] fiid_obj_alloc -> fiid_obj_malloc

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] fiid_obj_alloc -> fiid_obj_malloc
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:19:16 -0800

After having some difficulties using the fiid interface recently, it
sort of makes sense to me that this should be changed for consistency
with the rest of the library.  'alloc' is not a libc function, so this
function does not match any of the other fiid functions that emulate
their libc equivalents (i.e. fiid_obj_memset and memset, fiid_obj_alloca
and alloca).  Also, 'alloc' is a bit confusing, b/c you don't know if it
means "alloca" or "malloc" (and underneath, it actually calls calloc :P).

It's just a thought.  We could make a backwards compatability function
that points fiid_obj_alloc to fiid_obj_malloc.