[Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] GNU FreeIPMI 0.2.0-beta0 RELEASE

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] GNU FreeIPMI 0.2.0-beta0 RELEASE
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 17:20:18 -0800

,----[ Avnindra Singh <address@hidden> ]
| I'll try to find smbus driver interface in FreeBSD kernel and let
| you know.
`----
I want to know how compatible or similar it is to Linux kernel's i2c
interface.

,----[ Avnindra Singh <address@hidden> ]
| Please do send me the simple tool and instructions to debug.
`----
Try this utility. It has enough info in the header section about
finding device address. The same address applies to GNU FreeIPMI's
driver too. You can pass it as command line argument.

ftp://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/freeipmi/misc/ssif-cmd.c

You help is very much appreciated. There are other FreeBSD users for
GNU FreeIPMI too.

Happy Hacking,
--
Anand Babu