Re: [Freeipmi-devel] warnings patch

From: Anand Avati
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] warnings patch
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 21:49:24 -0800

On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 01:57:37PM -0800, Anand Babu wrote:
> ,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]
> | Albert Chu <address@hidden> writes:
> | Hi Anand,
> | So I can carry things down into my branches, it seems that all the fixes
> | are (uint8_t *) casts on anything that was originally a "char *" ??
> `----
> Yes, correct. Just make sure your branch compiles cleanly on 32-bit
> and 64-bit with both gcc-3.x and 4.0.

Most of it is (uint8_t *) fixes. but there are about a 10-12 other fixes
as well. i do remember there was a dereference bug (i dont remember
where exactly in the source), and another bug which bala is looking
into. There are format string warning fix as well (new macro to define
64bit format specifier looking into __WORDSIZE).

avati