[Freeipmi-devel] Re: Re: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Re: IPMI help Needed

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Re: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Re: IPMI help Needed
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:28:39 -0800

Hi Abhishek,

> 1.Does FreeIPMI-0.2.0 supports SOL.
> because i found different documents which say that FreeIPMI support
> for SOL will be implemented in next Release i.e FreeIPMI-0.3.0.and
> in roadmap document it is written that it is pending.
>
> 2.I heared that FreeIPMI-0.2.0 support SOL.
> so i am confused.Please suggest me.and if it supports then what
> configuration needed.

IPMI 2.0 and Serial over LAN are not supported in FreeIPMI 0.2.0.
Serial over LAN is supported in IPMI 2.0, so perhaps you that mixed up
with FreeIPMI 2.0.

> 3.And when you are going to release FreeIPMI-0.3.0 with new features.

I'll leave this question to a A.B.  At my current rate of development, I
believe I can complete ipmi 2.0 support in FreeIPMI 0.3.0 by mid-March.
[1]  After that, I will work with AB and Bala to try and development a
serial over LAN daemon.  But I'm not sure what they're schedule holds.

Al

[1] - This is under the condition I get some good hardware to test on.
If I don't, it could be delayed.
925-422-5311