[Freeipmi-devel] libfreeipmi cleanup

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] libfreeipmi cleanup
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 09:24:16 -0800

Hi everyone,

Its not fully complete, but I think it's mostly complete.  Here's a
summary of what's been done.

libfreeipmi/src
   - contains only "core" libfreeipmi functionality
     - kcs, smic, ssif, lan interfaces
     - templates and fill_* functions
     - packet assembly/unassembly functions
     - locate stuff
   - utility functions have been minimized
   - convenience code/apis for freeipmi tools have been moved out of
     libfreeipmi and into common/src.
   - To the best of my ability templates and fill functions fully match
     the ipmi spec.  Functions or templates that may have been
     modified before for convenience now follow the spec.
   - ipmi-sensor-event-messages has been generalized.
   - nothing in this directory depends on or needs udm

libfreeipmi/src/udm
   - contains all udm specific stuff.

libfreeipmi/src/include/freeipmi
   - now stores all include files.  So there is no more mess with the
     FREEIPMI_BUILD and FREEIPMI_LIBRARY defines.
   - all include files are now independent of each other.  User need not
     include freeipmi.h if they don't want to.  This fixes Bala's
     #define problem in ipmi-interface.h.
   - moved all portability stuff from freeipmi.h into common/src.
   - no .h file requires udm .h files.

libfreeipmi/src/include/freeipmi/udm
   - contains udm files.

925-422-5311