[Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] Cat ate fish during bmc-config

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] Cat ate fish during bmc-config
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 08:47:55 -0700

Hi Frank,

Hmmm, it's erroring out before the checkout of the parameter
"Lan_Privilege_Limit".  And the string-capitalize indicates there was an
error in the input.

Hmmm.  I suppose it's possible the privilege level limit is invalid and
doesn't map to a value correctly, thus bmc-config errors out.  I'll
submit a bug for the other FreeIPMI developers that work on that part of
the code.

In the meantime, could you try tweaking the code to give it a shot? (or
if you want, just holler and I'll build you a test rpm.)

Modify fish/extensions/bc-common.scm and change

(define privilege-limit-values '(("callback"        . 1)
                                 ("user"            . 2)
<SNIP>
                                 ("no_access"       . #xF)))

(define privilege-limit-values '(("reserved"        . 0)
                                 ("callback"        . 1)
                                 ("user"            . 2)
<SNIP>
                                 ("no_access"       . #xF)))

then reinstall of course.

My current bet is the default config of your BMC is invalid, and thus
confuses bmc-config.

Thanks,

925-422-5311