[Freeipmi-devel] bmc-config: PEF config checkout

From: Ingo van Lil
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] bmc-config: PEF config checkout
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:30:48 +0200

Hi there,

a couple of weeks ago Albert Chu complained about not being able to check out the PEF configuration on any of the machines he tested. The explanation for this appears to be fairly simple: Unless I'm badly mistaken most IPMI calls in ipmi-pef-and-alerting-cmds-udm.c use the wrong NetFn: The Get/Set PEF Configuration Parameters and Alert Immediate commands are part of the Sensor/Event NetFn (0x04), not of Transport (0x0c). A patch for libfreeipmi is attached. Admittedly, checking out the PEF section isn't any more successful with the patch than it used to be, but at least the error message changed from "unsupported command" to "expression failed". Don't know if that's any better, and I'm not yet familiar enough with the code to do any reasonable debugging. Anyway, the BMC seems to send a positive return code, so I suppose FreeIPMI misinterprets the response in some way.

Cheers,
Ingo