Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 2/18 change - "configure.ac: fix of automake init"

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 2/18 change - "configure.ac: fix of automake init"
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 21:44:40 -0800

Debian GNU/Linux stable supports 1.9.5.
Autotools are mainly of concern only for developers and packagers. Now
my question is, can we generate RPM packages for RHEL3 using RHEL4 and
likewise for SLES? If not, we definitely need to support older distros
for a while.

Another option is to reduce file names. But I am not in favor of this
idea, because ustar is a temporary problem.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31

Cress, Andrew R writes:

Al/Anand,

RedHat EL 4 has automake 1.9.2, but SLES9 sp1 and RH EL3 u8 have
automake 1.8.
What's the plan to support those? Andy