Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Patch for hex k_g keys in ipmipower, take 2

From: Ingo van Lil
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Patch for hex k_g keys in ipmipower, take 2
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:33:10 +0200

Levi Pearson wrote:

This version should address the issues from the review of the previous
patch.  I've tested this one a bit more and it seems pretty solid to me.

This is probably a very uncommon use case: Since the "0x" prefix is used for specifying keys in hex format you cannot encode keys that actually start with a literal "0x" in string format. This is probably a very uncommon use case, but you should still fall back to hex syntax in this case. Otherwise format_kg() might format a key in a way that can't be read by parse_kg().

Cheers,
Ingo