[Freeipmi-devel] libipmiconsole questions

From: Levi Pearson
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] libipmiconsole questions
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 12:45:12 -0600

I'm playing around with libipmiconsole to figure out how to use it to
access multiple consoles at once.  Looking at the exported API and the
implementation, I'm curious how non-blocking context submissions are
supposed to be handled.

The ipmiconsole_engine_submit_block implementation adds a flag to the
ctx struct before submitting it telling the engine to write a piece of
data to the pipe as soon as it's established and then uses its own
select call to block until something is written to the pipe.

However, the ipmiconsole_engine_submit, which doesn't block, also
doesn't set the flag to notify when the connection is established.  I
can't see any mechanism in /usr/local/include/ipmiconsole.h that would
allow me to determine when a non-blocking submit is ready to use.  Am I
missing something?

                --Levi