Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Bug in ipmi-sel

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Bug in ipmi-sel
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 14:08:55 -0700

Hey Tom,

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 11:22 -0600, tom zimmerman wrote:
> I am getting the following error in listing the system event logs.
>
> /ipmi-sel/src/ipmi-sel -D LAN -h bmc1 -u admin -p ipmi -l ADMIN
> Fetching SDR repository information... done
> Fetching record 91 of 92 (current record ID 92)
> SDR Cache load failed: cache invalid
>
> The released version works, so there must have been some format change
> in the SDR Cache that is causing a problem.

You're right.  There has been a format change to the SDR cache.  I did
add a bit more "tightness" to the parsing, perhaps not ignoring as many
parsing errors as the prior code may have allowed before.

Does this bug only occur when you create the SDR cache?  Does the
failure also happen when you re-run ipmi-sel and it attempts to re-load
the SDR cache?

Is it possible you could send me the SDR cache file itself?  That way I
can find out what the weird corner case parsing issue is.  Then file
would be in ~/.freeipmi/sdr-cache/.

Thanks,
Al