[Freeipmi-devel] Re: IPMI Support for STMicroelectronics microcontroller

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: IPMI Support for STMicroelectronics microcontrollers
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:55:53 -0700

Nicolas,
Yes, IPMI is implemented as a software firmware inside the Baseboard
Management Controller (BMC).
GNU FreeIPMI only provides in-band/out-of-band management software to talk
to the BMC using industry standard IPMI protocol. If you are looking
for BMC IPMI firmware, You should look at the CoreIPM project, which
implements IPMI standard for ARM7 based core.

--
Anand Babu Periasamy
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31

Nicolas FILLON writes:

Hi Arnaud,

Thanks for your answer.

But what you call standard is a software IP right?

I wanted to know if this IP can be ported on our Microcontrollers
that are ARM7TDMI, ARM966E and Cortex-M3 based.

How much flash is needed for the IP? How much RAM? What peripherals?

Thanks.

Nicolas.