Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Bug report version 0.4.3

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Bug report version 0.4.3
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:30:23 -0700

Hey Manu,

Thanks for the info.

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 18:14 -0400, Manu Sharma wrote:
> I noticed two issues with FreeIPMI version 0.4.3
>
> {1}
> Build Error.
> I had to place end quotes " in the file ipmi-fru.8.pre on lines 1 thru
> 26 when i used make install option.

Another user reported a similar issue.  Some pre-processing wasn't
handled properly on older systems.  Wasn't quite of the best way to work
around this besides some flat out removal of text that confused older
preprocessors.

Did this only occur for your on the ipmi-fru manpage?

> {2}
> Man Page Error
> Man page for Pef-config had the following confusing information for -i
> option
>
> -i, --info
>              Show PEF information
>
> and
>
> -i, --commit
>              Update configuration information to BMC.

Ahh, thanks for the catch.