[Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi on freebsd 4.x

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] freeipmi on freebsd 4.x
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:56:17 -0800 (PST)

Hey Sharad,

Could you try running in debugging mode?  Run ./configure with
--enable-debug and --enable-trace then recompile.

Do you happen to have another IPMI card for that system?  I am still
wondering if that card is bad.  Although I no longer have a motherboard
from that specific Supermicro product line, I know that FreeIPMI has
worked fine before and (at minimum) has been able to detect the IPMI card
properly.

Al

> Hi,
>
>       I worked today with freeipmi 0.5 beta for 4.x.
> See the output from supermicro box.
> su-2.04# ./ipmi-sensors
> NULL hostname
> Fetching SDR repository information... SDR Cache creation failed: ipmi
> communication error
> su-2.04# ./bmc-info
> ipmi_cmd_get_device_id: internal system error
>
> <NULL hostname is my insertion, please ignore>
>
> ipmi-locate is same as previous.
>
> This is working fine on one of IBM box. I attached the work around.
> Please have a look of changes in file
> freeipmi-0.5.0.beta0/common/src/ipmi-sdr-cache-reads.c
> freeipmi-0.5.0.beta0/common/src/ipmi-sdr-cache.c
> freeipmi-0.5.0.beta0/ipmidetect/src/ipmidetect/ipmidetect.c
>
> Also i just added few headers to make it work in config.h
> /* Define to 1 if you have the <stdint.h> header file. */
> /* #undef HAVE_STDINT_H */
> #include <inttypes.h>
> #include <sys/types.h>
> #include <sys/time.h>
> #include <stdarg.h>
>
> Now We have latest freeipmi for freebsd 4.x. What can i do on hardware
> side to
> make it work?
>
> Thanks
> Sharad Chandra