Re: [Freeipmi-devel] setting thresholds

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] setting thresholds
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:41:34 -0800

Hey Gregor,

At the moment there isn't a tool to do this.  An 'ipmi-sdr' tool has
been on the todo for years.  I'm slating this tool to be in FreeIPMI
0.6.0.

I haven't thought of an interface that would be suitable for threshold
configuration.  Would a pef-config/bmc-config like interface be best?
Or a command line interface like:

--set-upper-threshold=80
--set-lower-threshold=40

??

Al

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 18:36 +0100, Gregor Dschung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm missing the option to set the thresholds of sensors.
>
> It would be nice to have a utility like pef-config or bmc-config, which
> allows me to write out the current configuration and to commit a
> template file.
>
> Or have I overlooked something?
>
> Best regards,
> Gregor