Re: [Freeipmi-devel] setting thresholds

From: Gregor Dschung
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] setting thresholds
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:10:52 +0100

Hey,

I would prefer the direct integration into 'ipmi-sensors'. A tool called
'ipmi-sensors-config' would be my second choise, if you prefer to let
ipmi-sensors a read-only tool.

Btw, to strengthen the case against the command line interface: There
are different event triggers / event classes. For example, the event
trigger 02h relates to the "discrete"-event class which describes one of
the events "Transition to Idle / Active / Busy". Or the event trigger
03h. It's a "digital discrete"-event class and describes the events
"State Asserted / Deasserted".
So in order to the many command line arguments which would be required
by a command line implementation, the tool would be unclear.

Regards,
 -Gregor

--
Gregor Dschung