Re: [Freeipmi-devel] how to transfer installation binaries to other pc

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] how to transfer installation binaries to other pc
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:30:29 -0700

Hey Michal,

> my effort is to create a
> OpenSolaris package for freeipmi and make this package available in
> OpenSolaris package repositories ..

Cool.

> Honestly, the build ran out-of-box (I've just checked out
> freeipmi from CVS and build it).

That's good :-)

> Did you make some adjustments in the
> code regarding the Solaris OS?

Yes, the 0.7.0 does have changes for Solaris.  They were all generic
porting issues between *nix systems.  Solaris uses a different number of
arguments to gethostbyname_r, the argp parsing library didn't exist on
solaris, a whole bunch of strXXX() functions weren't on solaris, various
Makefile tweaks for portability, etc.

The sunbmc driver has not been tested at all in FreeIPMI 0.7.0.  So if
you have a system with that driver, it'd be good to see if FreeIPMI
0.7.0 implements things correctly.

Thanks,
Al