Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sun20 workaround doesn't

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sun20 workaround doesn't
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 10:06:24 -0700

Hey Dave,

It's entirely possible there is another issue for your systems I never
encountered before or a bug in the workaround code.  If you could send
the --debug output, that'd be great.

As for your second question, there are a number of "checks" that I do
more stringently than in ipmitool, leading to the need for workarounds
in FreeIPMI than in ipmitool.  Ipmitool also elects to "hide"
workarounds in its tools more often, instead of making the user put them
on the command line.  Pros and cons of both approaches, I don't think
either of us is right or wrong.

Thanks,
Al