[Freeipmi-devel] Re: URGENT question

From: Zdenek Macura
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: URGENT question
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 03:51:35 +0200

Hi Al,

Thanks for the answer, but let me be more concrete with the question:
I understand that the file is necessary for the SUN /dev/bmc driver, but
what is the real impact if sunbmc driver is not compiled.
Will it mean that freeipmi will not work on OpenSolaris at all or just some minor
functionality of freeipmi will not work ?

Thanks a lot

Zdenek

Al Chu wrote:
Hey Jan,

The bmc_intf.h file is necessary for the Sun /dev/bmc driver.  I don't
include it in FreeIPMI b/c the licensing of OpenSolaris conflicts w/
FreeIPMI.  Anyone who wants to compile FreeIPMI to work w/ it just has
to make sure bmc_intf.h is in their include path so it can be found and
the sunbmc driver can get compiled.

You can read about it in the README.sunbmc.

Al