Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: API for freeipmi

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: API for freeipmi
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 09:36:46 -0700

Hi Sadeep,

The best documentation is probably the manpages (libfreeipmi(3),
libipmimonitoring(3), libipmiconsole(3)) as well as the header files.

libfreeipmi is a bit more for those who are familiar with the IPMI
protocol in detail, not really abstracting away a lot of IPMI details
away in the API.  libipmimonitoring and libipmiconsole are higher level
for those not as familiar with IPMI, but they concentrate specifically
on sensors and consoles.

Hope that helps,
Al