Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Regarding Serial Interface Support

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Regarding Serial Interface Support
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:53:40 -0800

Hi Winston,

In terms of a direct interface, currently no.  Looking through the IPMI
spec, I suppose adding this support via an extra interface to FreeIPMI
(i.e. "-I serial" or something like that) wouldn't be too hard, but it
would definitely take time to add.  I don't know enough of the details
to do it quickly and easily (not to mention setup a machine w/ a serial
connection so I can try code out).

Al