Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 0.8.2 Solaris patch

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] 0.8.2 Solaris patch
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:57:45 -0800

Hey Andrew,

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 16:15 +1100, Andrew Wansink wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:07:23PM -0500, Al Chu wrote:
> > Hi Andrew,
> >
> > Thanks for the catch.  I wrote the attached patch, to try and load
> > headers (and subsequently MAXHOSTNAMELEN) more correctly and
> > consistently globally.  I consider that the more core problem (e.g. in
> > some places I didn't even try and load limits.h for Linux).  Can you
> > give it a shot and LMK if it works for you.
>
> It looks good but doesn't apply cleanly to 0.8.2.  I guess you're
> patching against CVS.

Wouldn't have anticipated a hiccup against 0.8.2, but yeah, it was
against the codebase.

> > > Also it fixes a little Solaris problem finding
> > > the m4 files during auto(re)conf.
> >
> > Is this what:
> >
> > +ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -Iconfig
> >
> > solves?  I'm a little confused, b/c this should be automatic.
>
> Precisely.  No matter what I did I couldn't get autoconf to
> find the macros in 'config' until I found that option.  Maybe
> it's an ancient version of autoconf shipped with OpenSolaris,
> `autoconf -V` reports 2.61.

Doh!  I realize what's going on.  I run w/ the "autogen.sh" script that
is in the code repo, it has

aclocal -I config

I guess you were running aclocal/autoconf/etc. by hand b/c autogen.sh
isn't released with the tar.gz.  Perhaps I should dist out the script
for those that are going to hack on the code a bit.

Al