Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Reg Cipher Suites

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Reg Cipher Suites
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:02:53 -0700

Hi John,

(Sorry for the late reply, your message got mixed in with a bunch of
kruft).

As mentioned in the FreeIPMI manpages, the following cipher suite IDs
are supported.

----
              0 - Authentication Algorithm = None; Integrity Algorithm =
None; Confidentiality Algorithm = None

              1 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-SHA1; Integrity
Algorithm = None; Confidentiality Algorithm = None

              2 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-SHA1; Integrity
Algorithm = HMAC-SHA1-96; Confidentiality Algorithm = None

              3 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-SHA1; Integrity
Algorithm = HMAC-SHA1-96; Confidentiality Algorithm = AES-CBC-128

              6 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-MD5; Integrity
Algorithm = None; Confidentiality Algorithm = None

              7 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-MD5; Integrity
Algorithm = HMAC-MD5-128; Confidentiality Algorithm = None

              8 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-MD5; Integrity
Algorithm = HMAC-MD5-128; Confidentiality Algorithm = AES-CBC-128

              11 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-MD5; Integrity
Algorithm = MD5-128; Confidentiality Algorithm = None

              12 - Authentication Algorithm = HMAC-MD5; Integrity
Algorithm = MD5-128; Confidentiality Algorithm = AES-CBC-128
----

It seems you're particularly interested in the Cipher Suite IDs that use
xRC4.  Do you have a motherboard that supports it?  Part of the reason
it was never supported in FreeIPMI is b/c no motherboard I ever saw
supported it.

Al