[Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun ma

From: Dave Love
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun machines
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:02:43 +0100

Delayed reply I thought I'd sent:

Al Chu <address@hidden> writes:

>> says ps, where I need the -D on x4100 or x4200m2 to avoid
>>
>>   bmc-watchdog:  Get Watchdog Timer Error: BMC Busy
>
> Yeah, I'm certainly unsure of that one.  Have you tried running w/o the
> IPMI kernel driver?  I'm wondering if they don't together for you (don't
> work together for me on some mobos there).

Spot on, thanks.  I was about to say I'm sure it wasn't installed -- I
don't normally run it due to problems on our Supermicros -- but the
driver must have been installed.  I've just checked and `service start
ipmi' on a RH5 system does trigger the failure.  It's unrelated to the
timer stopped issue, though, and I haven't noticed it causing trouble
with other freeipmi stuff, though I mostly run that remotely.