Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Another FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaroun

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Another FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun machines
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:49:18 +0100

Albert Chu <address@hidden> writes:

> On the flip side, I've personally never tested on Solaris.  So who knows
> if the "/dev/bmc" was really programmed correctly.  I may have screwed
> up.

Well the watchdog daemon has been running OK since June 29 on my Solaris
system with the test freeipmi.  I could potentially run extra tests that
aren't at all risky on that box.

> Is this only happening on one motherboard?  I have this feeling that
> maybe the board is just busted.

I could try on some other x4xxxx over Linux if necessary, but I'm busy,
and don't actually need the watchdog working on them.