[Freeipmi-devel] Re: Fujitsu's iRMC S2 - support for "get SEL entry long

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Fujitsu's iRMC S2 - support for "get SEL entry long text" within ipmi-oem
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:10:49 -0700

Hey Dan,

Attached is my reworked patch for ipmi-oem.  Can you give it a shot and
LMK if it works?

I cleaned up some chunks for code consistency to other code in ipmi-oem
and added a manpage entry.  I ended up removing the "first" and "last"
because I guess I don't see users wanting to/commonly using it.  Do you
feel different?  I can see "last" more often then "first" though
(similar to how I have a 'tail' option in ipmi-sel, but not a 'head').

I did (atleast try) to implement the code to loop if there was more text
to retrieve.  Hopefully I implemented it right.

Also, I slightly tweaked the output to more similarly match ipmi-sel
output, adding in semi-colons and stuff.  I admit, I'm not entirely sure
of the output.  You may have specifically chosen your output b/c it
matches some other Fujitsu tool??  We can tweak as necessary.

PLMK what you think.

Al

P.S.  You'll probably get ChangeLog and NEWS conflicts in this patch,
but you can ignore those of course.  The code patches appear to apply
cleanly to FreeIPMI 0.8.8.