RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Fujitsu's iRMC S2 - support for "get SEL entry

From: Liebig, Holger
Subject: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Fujitsu's iRMC S2 - support for "get SEL entry long text" within ipmi-oem
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:20:13 +0200

> > One problem is, that this OEM command requires admin privilege, which
> > would have to be specified on the command line with -l admin.
>
> That is annoying.  We could up the default privilege to admin, but my
> general attitude is to max the privilege level at whatever is necessary
> for the tool.  Since this is an OEM extension thing, it's a little
> different.  Perhaps we could document it and if you run w/
> --interpret-oem-data, output an error if user isn't specifying atleast
> admin privilege???  Not entirely sure at this point, we'll ponder this a
> bit more.
[Liebig, Holger]
At least some hint to the user would be nice. Since completion code 0xD4 is
returned (insufficient Privilege), this could be potentially in lined into the
output

I'm also working on integration of Fujitsu specific OEM sensor information into
freeipmi, at least this would show some better information for the SEL than
today when running without -l admin but with --interpret-oem-data.

Holger