RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Fujitsu's iRMC S2 - support for "get SEL entry

From: Al Chu
Subject: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: Fujitsu's iRMC S2 - support for "get SEL entry long text" within ipmi-oem
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:28:07 -0700

Hey Holger,

I just had this thought.  It might be good to add another option to
ipmi-sel like "--output-vendor-event-string" or something like that.
(It would follow through with another formatting option in the sel-parse
library.)  I just remembered another vendor who has a
'get-sel-entry-long-text' equivalent OEM extension.  We could still
support the --interpret-oem-data, but you would get different output
based on what the user specifies.  For example, let's say this is the
default output;

System Firmware Progress ; OEM Event Data2 = 0x08 ; OEM Event Data3 =
0x11

If you specify --interpret-oem-data, you would get

System Firmware Progress ; Fujitsu Magic Hardware Error Message

If you specify --output-vendor-event-string, you would instead get

CRITICAL CSS Component - Fujitsu Magic Hardware Error Message

Thoughts??

Al