RE: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initialsuccess! -

From: Andy Cress
Subject: RE: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi support with HP iLO2 servers initialsuccess! - Email found in subject
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 06:37:23 -0700

Chris,

In the IPMI 2.0 spec it requires that all IPMI 2.0 firmware must support an IPMI 1.5 GetChannelAuthCap command.  Section 22.13 says:

BMC implementations of IP-based channels must support the Get Channel Authentication Capabilities Command

using the IPMI v1.5 packet format. BMCs that support IPMI v2.0 RMCP+ must also support the command using

the IPMI v2.0/RMCP+ format.

So the HP iLO 2 firmware isn’t fully compliant with the IPMI 2.0 spec in this case.

Andy