[Freeipmi-devel] fiid_obj_get: maximum_privilege_for_cipher_suite_3: no

From: Peter Selby
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] fiid_obj_get: maximum_privilege_for_cipher_suite_3: no data set
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:29:30 -0800

Hi guys,

I'm trying to configure the BMC on an HP ProLiant DL145 G2 using
bmc-config.  IPMI over LAN is not working; it should have a fixed IP,
but it won't respond to anything.

When I try to dump the BMC config, I get:

$ bmc-config --checkout
Section Rmcpplus_Conf_Privilege
fiid_obj_get: maximum_privilege_for_cipher_suite_3: no data set
$

Everything prior to that dumps okay.  Adding the section (and
subsequent SOL_Conf section) manually, I get two possible results:

 * Empty Rmcpplus_Conf_Privilege:  Config commits successfully, but a
checkout results in the same problem
 * Rmcpplus_Conf_Privilege filled in based on the bmc-config.conf
manpage (with Maximum_Privilege_Cipher_Suite_Id_0-through-4 or 12):  I
get the same error, fiid_obj_get:
maximum_privilege_for_cipher_suite_3: no data set

Any idea what could be wrong, or how to fix it?  And could this be the
reason the network won't come up?

Thanks,

Peter