Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Thresholds in CSV output

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Thresholds in CSV output
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:21:56 -0700

Hi Diego,

It wouldn't be too hard to add the threshold output as new columns in
the ipmi-sensors output (it'll be a bit of work, but not an insane
amount).  I'd have to make it an option to maintain the default output.
Is something like this what you are thinking of

1, Proc 1 Temp, Processor, 88.4, C, N/A, 3.0, 8.0, 42.0, 48.0, N/A, 'OK'

the above would be for something from this:

Lower Critical Threshold: 3.000000 C
Upper Critical Threshold: 47.000000 C
Lower Non-Critical Threshold: 8.000000 C
Upper Non-Critical Threshold: 42.000000 C
Lower Non-Recoverable Threshold: N/A
Upper Non-Recoverable Threshold: N/A
Normal Min.: 11.000000 C
Normal Max.: 69.000000 C

should I output the normal min/max too??

As for power consumption, many boards do not do it within an IPMI
sensor, there is usually an OEM extension for it.  I wrote an answer on
serverfault.com awhile back that has all the examples I personally have
seen.

http://serverfault.com/questions/389224/power-usage-via-ipmi-or-bios-or

Al