Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Need info on freeipmi

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Need info on freeipmi
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:45:13 -0700

On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 07:53 +0000, Rishi Kaundinya Mutnuru wrote:
> Hi All,
> We are planning to use freeipmi for hardware monitoring on ubuntu
> servers.
> Can you please let me know whether freeipmi is supported on ubuntu.

I believe it is packaged for ubuntu, doing a quick search online:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/freeipmi

> If so, can you
> Please let us know how to install the tools on ubuntu and point me to
> the source doe.

I'm not familiar with ubuntu, so I don't know the mechanisms for
installing ubuntu packages.

The source code for FreeIPMI can be downloaded from this link:

http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/download.html

If you wish install from source, the normal mechanism is

./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install