Re: [Freeipmi-devel] bad sensor name when using entity-sensor-names

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] bad sensor name when using entity-sensor-names
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 10:56:23 -0700

Hey Corey,

It's not a bug per-se, it's more of an odd side effect b/c the entity
name + instance number happens to be identical to the device id on your
motherboard.  In the case of "Power Supply 1 Power Supply 1" sensor
name, the entity name is "power supply", instance number "1", and device
id "power supply 1".

In the case of "processor 1 fan 5", the entity name is "processor",
instance id "1", and device id "fan 5", so the entity sensor name works
out nicer.

Hmmm, I suppose I could add a special case where if "entity-name +
instance" == "device id", then only output one of them.

If I code such a thing, would you be able to try out a beta tar.gz?

Al