Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi-sensors crash

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi-sensors crash
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:33:33 +0000

Albert Chu <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, 2013-12-19 at 11:56 +0000, Dave Love wrote:
>> I realized that the system that caused the crash has 601 sensors; really.
>> Patch attached.
>
> Well how about that :-)

I should have apologized for not looking properly to start with, as the
stack had been smashed.

> Could you try running w/ --bridge-sensors

That's _very_ slow, and still gives N/A.

> or the 'assumebmcowner'
> workaround.  The sensor isn't owned by the BMC, leading to the N/A.

The workaround doesn't make any difference.

I don't know how it's done on the system, and I'm not sure we have
useful technical docs, but the individual BMCs in the component boxes
all report the sensors in all four boxes as far as I can tell.

This is a bit of an annoyance for our monitoring, but not a big deal,
but I can look again in the new year if you would like to address it.