Re: [Freeipmi-devel] freeipmi : Request to spin up a new version of free

From: Diego Elio Pettenò
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] freeipmi : Request to spin up a new version of freeipmi with ppc64le support.
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:35:29 +0000

You all do realize that most distributions will update config.guess and libtool as needed to support new arches, right?

That's what at least Gentoo and (at least for some cases) Fedora do, and I'm pretty sure other distributions have similar if not identical procedures.

Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
address@hiddenhttp://blog.flameeyes.eu/

On 17 January 2014 18:56, Albert Chu <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 10:50 +0530, Chandan wrote:
> Thanks Chu
> I have tested the freeipmi-1.3.4.ppc64le.1.tar.gz and able to build it
> on ppc64le machine.
> One question on the frreipmi release.
> When you are going to release a new version of freeipmi and are you
> going to release the new version by keeping the these changes?

As I noted earlier, I can't change the build process for every release
like this.  I can do this as a special case, as needed, until the
libtool & config.guess get moved upstream and into distros.

Al