Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Extending ipmi-sel OEM information for Supermicro b

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Extending ipmi-sel OEM information for Supermicro boards
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:40:57 -0800

Hi Werner,

Thanks for the catch on the typo.  Fixed that up ASAP.

> 1) Can you maybe add this "AC Power On" to freeipmi, so that it is
> displayed instead of "Event Offset = 00h"?

I can, although longer term it'd be nice/better if we knew the entire
event bitmask for this OEM sensor.  Like what other states does it have?
Perhaps you can ping Supermicro to get this information.

> 3) I've noticed that ipmitool 1.8.14 got support to display
> Supermicro memory ECC information in the SEL correctly ("ID: 85 -
> Supermicro memory ECC error display"):

I think all the information I would need is here.  Should be doable.

Al