Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Issue with ipmi-oem supermicro (pmbus) power-supply

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Issue with ipmi-oem supermicro (pmbus) power-supply-status
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 15:50:10 -0700

On Tue, 2015-09-15 at 09:01 -0500, Scott Silverman wrote:
> I ran the command with debug, but there's no difference at all between
> the output when the cable is plugged/unplugged.
>

> I've also received a follow-up from SuperMicro who tell me the
> following should work (but they specifically say "don't use it"
> because of some vague statement that it "could affect other
> functionality").
>

> PSU1: 0x06 0x52 0x07 0xb0 0x02 0x79
>
> PSU2: 0x06 0x52 0x07 0xb2 0x02 0x79
>

> Returns of 00 or 02 mean good, anything else (or failed command) mean
> bad, according to SM.
>

> I tested it, and I get a return of "00 00" on a good PSU1 and a "02
> 00" on a good PSU2. A bad PSU1 returns "4b 28".

Hmmmm ... this is disconcerting, because you'd like some consistent
output.

I take it both bytes have to be 00 or 02?  Otherwise there's no point in
reading two bytes (that's what the 0x02 is in the raw command).

Nevertheless, I added it based on this assumption.  Could you give it a
shot?  It's in a different branch than last time:

svn co http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/freeipmi/branches/Release-1_4_0_branch/
freeipmi
cd freeipmi
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
ipmi-oem/ipmi-oem supermicro get-power-supply-status2 1
ipmi-oem/ipmi-oem supermicro get-power-supply-status2 2

Al