Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Issue with ipmi-oem supermicro get-power-supply-sta

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Issue with ipmi-oem supermicro get-power-supply-status on X10DRI
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2016 10:17:26 -0700

Hi,

It seems your motherboard doesn't support this OEM extension.  If you
could upgrade to FreeIPMI 1.4.10, perhaps this newer OEM extension could
work for your board (from the ipmi-oem manpage).

---
get-power-supply-status2 ps_num

This OEM command will get the status of a regular power supply.
Presently, it can get  the  status of power supplies 1 and 2. Command
confirmed to work on Supermicro X10DRU-i+.
---

If it doesn't, you'll need to contact Supermicro to get the magic bits
for how to get power supply status off your motherboard.  Then we can
add it to FreeIPMI.

As an aside, with FreeIPMI 1.4.10 the error message you see bellow will
also be fixed to "NAK on Write".

Al