Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Monitoring array controller

From: Chu, Al
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Monitoring array controller
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 14:31:28 +0000

Hi Maged,

FreeIPMI (as well as all IPMI tools) can only monitor what the motherboard provides it.  So if the motherboard doesn't provide information on the array controller, there's not much we can do.

One thing to try is to use the --bridge-sensors or --shared-sensors option in ipmi-sensors to see if the sensor is "hidden".  Also if you use -vv you can see all entries in the SDR.  It's possible the smart controller doesn't have a sensor available, but outputs information to the SEL.

Al