[Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI 1.6.1 Released

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeIPMI 1.6.1 Released
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 15:46:07 -0800

https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/freeipmi/freeipmi-1.6.1.tar.gz

FreeIPMI 1.6.1 - 02/02/18
-------------------------
o Add IPv6 hostname support to FreeIPMI, all of FreeIPMI can now take
  IPv6 addresses as inputs to "host" parameters, options, or inputs.
o Support significant portions of IPMI IPv6 configuration in
  libfreeipmi.
o Add --no-session option in ipmi-raw.
o Add SDR cache options to ipmi-config.
o Legacy -f short option for --flush-cache and -Q short option for
  quiet-cache.  Backwards compatible for tools that supported it
  before.
o In ipmi-oem, support Gigabyte get-bmc-services and set-bmc-services.
o Various performance improvements:
  - Remove excessive calls to secure_memset to clear memory.
  - Remove excessive memsets and clears of data.
  - Remove unnecessary "double input checks".
  - Remove expensive input checks in libfreeipmi fiid library.
    Fallout from this may include FIID_ERR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND errors in
    different fiid functions.
  - Remove unnecessary input checks in libfreeipmi fiid library.
  - Add recent 'lookups' of fields in fiid library to internal cache.
o Various minor fixes/improvements
  - Update libfreeipmi core API to use poll() instead of select(), to
    avoid issues with applications with a high number of threads.

----

As a side point, while IPv6 networking support has been added, IPv6
configuration in ipmi-config & bmc-config is not supported in this
release.

Work to support IPv6 configuration in ipmi-config was completed.  However I
lost contact with Ubuntu developers I was collaborating with on this work
(they do not appear to work there anymore).

I lack the hardware to test IPv6 IPMI support, so I elected to leave
this code out of FreeIPMI 1.6.1 b/c it remains untested.

It can be added back in once it is tested.