Re: freeipmi - DCMI support

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: freeipmi - DCMI support
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 15:26:54 -0700

Hi George,

> What would I need to do in order to provide dcmi-like support for
> this board in freeipmi?

Have you been able to confirm that the board you have supports DCMI?  I
believe you can check with the --get-dcmi-capability-info option.  If
DCMI is supported, perhaps there's simply a bug and we can get debug
info via --debug.

There's the chance that the support is via a OEM specific extension of
IPMI.  If that's the case, you would have to ping Supermicro get the
extension information, then we could add it to FreeIPMI in ipmi-oem.

Note that there are some Supermicro specific extensions in FreeIPMI's
ipmi-oem tool already.  You may wish to try them out.

---
>ipmi-oem supermicro | grep power
Supermicro Command: get-power-supply-status <ps_num>
Supermicro Command: get-power-supply-status2 <ps_num>
Supermicro Command: get-pmbus-power-supply-status <ps_num>
---

Al