Re: ipmi-console doesn't need root and should be in /usr/bin

From: Fabio Fantoni
Subject: Re: ipmi-console doesn't need root and should be in /usr/bin
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 18:43:57 +0100

Il 06/02/2021 18:56, Al Chu ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Actually thinking about this more, could this argument be made for all
> FreeIPMI tools that do out of band communication?  On my local redhat
> system, I notice they put ipmitool in /usr/bin.
>
> Just wanting to know your opinion on this.

thanks for reply, I don't know if one or more freeipmi tools "really"
need root and I don't have time to check/test all them shortly

if none of them will need root  I think can be ok mv all to /usr/bin,
about symlinks for rename I think is a "must", for this "move only"
instead is needed to avoid issue only for cases where are used with full
path "hardcoded" so the risk of problems is less but maybe the links
would be better to have them.

it is better to ask someone else's opinion, especially someone more
experienced than me