Technically breaking some ABI on libfreeipmi API

From: Al Chu11
Subject: Technically breaking some ABI on libfreeipmi API
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 08:32:09 -0700

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if there was any problem with a recent set of commits I put into the master branch.  Please speak up if you would have a problem with it.

I recently ran FreeIPMI typo-checker and found a number of typos.  Most don't matter (comments, output string, etc.), but a few technically would break ABI.  They are listed here:

https://github.com/chu11/freeipmi-mirror/blob/master/NEWS

Only one function name had a typo, a somewhat rarely used "ipmi_device_type_modifer_message()" (modifer -> modifier)

A decent chunk of macro names had typos, such as:

IPMI_SEL_FLAGS_ASSUME_SYTEM_EVENT_RECORDS -> IPMI_SEL_FLAGS_ASSUME_SYSTEM_EVENT_RECORDS

I believe that the specific macros that had typos are rarely used and would not affect many people, possibly wouldn't affect anyone b/c this is in the core `libfreeipmi` library and not `libipmiconsole` or `libipmimonitoring`.

You might ask, why even do this?  Well the main reason is the IPMI specification is no longer being update as of 2019.  So whenever I make the next FreeIPMI minor increment release of 1.7.X, it's probably going to be the last minor number increment. So I view this as a "last chance" to do this.

Livermore Computing