Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module

From: Joshua Williams
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:14:12 -0600

Ok, I installed the 2882_174.mhx version and set up all the addresses
with bmc-config.  The BMC MAC address should be changed to match the
MAC address of the Intel ethernet card, correct?  I do this via the
'bmc-config --commit' command, and the 'bmc-config -checkout' command
verifies that it has changed to the correct MAC address, but after the
next reboot, it switches back to the old MAC address.  This should
not be happening, should it?  Could there be a misplaced jumper on the
IPMI card that's doing this?  Even without the reboot ipmiping from an
external machine fails to reach the IPMI card.

FWIW, the Broadcom cards come up as eth0 and eth1, the IPMI card comes
up as eth2, and the Intel card comes up as eth3.  There's no requirement
that the Intel card come up as eth0, is there?

Thanks for any help!

- Josh