Re: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-info hangs

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-info hangs
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:39:40 -0800

Hi Edward,

> ipmipower -h <the_server> -u anonymous -p --stat

The user "Anonymous" from bmc-config actually refers to a "null"
username.  So you don't actually have to type in "Anonymous" on the
command line.  Also, in the above, you've inputted a password called
"--stat".  Those two in combination can give you the permission denied
errors.  Instead, just try:

ipmipower -h <the_server> --stat

to see if that works.  If it doesn't, could you send me the output of
"ipmiping -v"??

I'll let AB and/or Bala answer regarding bmc-config.