Re: [Freeipmi-users] PEF configuration

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] PEF configuration
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:56:23 -0800

Hi,

,----[ "Ben-Shimon, Tamir" <address@hidden> ]
| I was using openIPMI drivers and tools so far, and I am now finaly
| able to use freeIPMI (probably I had old guile pkg that didn't allow
| it so far)
`----
I will add a GNU Guile version check in autoconf script.

,----[ "Ben-Shimon, Tamir" <address@hidden> ]
| I like it very much because of the fact that it doesn't require 3
| drivers (like the other tools)
`----
Thanks for the appreciation. Because GNU FreeIPMI is completely
written in user-space, it is portable across most POSIX compliant
operating systems such as GNU/Hurd, GNU/Linux and FreeBSD.

,----[ "Ben-Shimon, Tamir" <address@hidden> ]
| Checking the Roadmap, I have seen that you are about to add PEF
| configuration support (Anand's presentation).
| My questions are:
| Is it going to cover SNMP destination and message filtering
| configuration?  Are you going to add Console support (via LAN)?  Can
| you refer to timelines in high level?
`----
Yes PEF will cover SNMP and message filtering. Rest of the info is in
ROADMAP.

Release 0.2.0 (End of March 2005)
---------------------------------
AB:
  * Done:
    - SMBus/SSIF Driver.
  * Work in progress:
    - Unified Driver Model: Single API set for all in-band and
      out-of-band drivers.
Bala:
  * Done:
    - Sensors rewrite.
    - bmc-config code cleanup.
    - old bmc-config code removal.
  * Work in progress:
    - bmc-config --auto and --expert modes.
    - Adopt the the unified driver model for all APIs. This will make
      all GNU FreeIPMI tools work for both in-band and out-of-band
      interfaces.
    - bmc-fence daemon.

Release 0.3.0 (End of June 2005)
--------------------------------
AB:
   * Yet to start:
     - Raw command interface and utility.
     - Debug and dump support.
     - libfreeipmi APIs revisit.
     - Scheme primitives revisit.
Bala:
   * Yet to start:
     - Fish PEF primitives and PEF utility.
Al:
   * Yet to start:
     - SOL daemon (sold) for IPMI-2.0.
     - LAN session sequencing and re-transmission.
ITZ:
   * Done:
     - PEF APIs
   * Yet to start:
     - Convert possible gh_ APIs to scm_.

Release 0.4.0
-------------
AB:
   * Yet to start:
     - BT driver.
Bala:
   * Yet to start:
     - FRU sub system
     - SDR utility to checkout, manipulate and commit.

Release 0.1.0
-------------
AB:
   Hackers Guide.